Monday, January 27, 2014

The Law of Attraction ~ Like Minded People



                                             Birds of a feather,

                             Flock together...

             What type of people do you attract? I sat and thought about how many Empathic or sensitive people I know, and I came up with five. Two of them are men I have known twenty years, my spouse fifteen years, and the other two within the last two years. So, it takes fifteen to eighteen years to meet like-minded people, at least for me it does. 
            But I have to wonder  how many people are attracted to mean people, and would they attract more mean people in a twenty year period than I attracted empathic people? Haven't you ever heard someone say they attract assholes? What does that truly say about them?


               
The Law of Attraction
 
      Wikipedia's definition
 
      The law of attraction is the name given to the belief that "like attracts like" and that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts, one can bring about positive or negative results.
 
       This belief is based upon the idea that people and their thoughts are both made from "pure energy", and the belief that like energy attracts like energy.
 
 

  Positive attitude attracts...

   My new best friend I met a year ago when I got a job at a lottery place. She's the first female friend I have had since I was 13. We both have always gotten along better with male friends than other female friends, both love animals, both have had low self image and self esteem issues. She is a people person and not afraid to talk to anyone, and it has taken me my entire life to finally get to the personable state I'm at. That's where we are different, she grew up in an environment that would create more outspoken traits in a person, and my household was the opposite. 
   Sometimes we play the video slot machines, and her luck is considerably better than mine. One time she won $2,000 by putting in $5. I have tried many things to attract her luck, because I now know how the games work, I have tried spells and nothing works for me. I have won around $80, but she wins all the time and never has to put much money in. Why? She tips everyone. I don't. I have watched her many times and she is always leaving a tip. When we worked together she wouldn't let her friends give her tip. No matter what, she leaves a tip.
      I think this simple act of giving is sending out empathic positive energy and coming back to her in the form of winnings. So think about what I am doing, it would be like sending out a type of negative energy each time I never leave a tip. So I think I will make it a common practice to leave a tip.


Who do you attract?

   If you have ever been to a dating website, they ask you to put down on your profile what your likes and interests are. Is that really telling someone who that person is? Consider asking someone who they attract as far as friends and dates go. Then think about who you have always attracted. If two people both attract mean people mostly, they must be mean too.

 















No comments:

Post a Comment